Little Acorn

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 16, 2014

the art and etceteras of emily winfield martin

I am in love with these fairy-tale, vintage-esque prints from Emily Winfield Martin at the The Black Apple. They have this warm, nostalgic, almost peculiar appeal mixed with a hint of sylvan whimsy and 1950s portraiture that makes me want to crawl right into them and dance with a bear, put my hair into braids, and have a pet bat. My favorite is In the Spring, She Married a Bear. It evokes such wonderful imagination and inspires us all to retreat into the magical woods of childhood. And I hope to hang this up in Acorn's nursery soon! 



 

Here are some of my other favs...



 




xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Love her stuff. Reminds me of an artist names Melissa Haslam who also used to paint lovely girls and creatures of nature (and bears) in a VERY similar vein, but now she's sadly moved on to other topics. Always wanted to buy some of it. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete