Little Acorn

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

nina & peanut: the meet cute

One of Acorn's Christmas presents was a storybook I made from Pinhole Press. I never thought I could do something like this, but the website made it super easy to pull together a story. I struggled with what to write, but in the end don't they say write what you know? So it's a story of a cat who's stuck inside all day, the baby that abruptly moves into her territory, and how they ultimately become friends--their "meet cute," which describes a scenario in which two individuals are brought together in some unlikely, zany, destined-to-be-together-forever sort of way.

And when it came in, I couldn't believe how professional it looked! Hard covers with linen binding and high quality pages will make this a keepsake for years to come.

So I thought I'd share the story I came up with...


















I can't wait to create another one! I really want to expand on some of the characters mentioned in this one, like Ruby, the ruby-throated hummingbird, the skiddish squirrels, the chattery chickadees, and other fun, urban backyard characters. We've recently planted a butterfly garden, so I can't wait to see what evolves in our own back yard as inspiration. I would also LOVE to do a story on the honey bees and how they're mysteriously disappearing.What a great way to introduce such important lessons on our local ecology. We'll see how this goes!

xoxo


1 comment:

  1. You are so creative, Kensley! Something she will cherish forever.

    ReplyDelete