Little Acorn

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

mad skills

On cognitive skills...

I heard that at school Acorn is particularly spirited when it comes to flashcards. She. Wants. To. Learn. NOW! So in searching for a home version, I found these awesome Eric Carle animal flashcards at the MoMA Store. Not many can top Mr. Carle in both the whimsical and captivating categories. Can't wait to try them out!


I'm starting to become obsessed with this stinkin' store! MoMA also has these Andy Warhol magnets. What. Savvy pop art and learning?? Um, yes, please. I mean, why not learn what a cow looks like from an over-the-top super-pastoral wallpaper sample from the '60s? Why. Not.

Everyone needs a bit of fridge glitter.


On imaginative play...


MoMA hit it again with this adorable tiny mini stovetop. I don't have a lot of kitchen space, so this would be perfect! And it's not crazy expensive either.


On fine motor skills...

Acorn has been obsessed with buckles lately. I'm talking sheer determination when she finds a buckle. On a shoe. On her highchair. At school. The second she masters it she's on to the next problem to solve with no time to relish in her achievement (just like her father). So I found her this buckle whale (it was the least offensive, trust me)...


But I wish I had gotten her this Etsy rendition instead! Sooo much cuter! Though that zippered whale mouth is quite handy in hiding surprises...


On language skills...

Lastly, I bought several new books for her recently that I've heard are fabulous. I'm particularly excited about I'm the Biggest Thing in the Ocean and We're Going on a Bear Hunt!


Here's to quirky learning!

xoxo

1 comment: